IELTS test in the UAE – May 2017 (General Training)
Passage 1. About a vacation in wildlife camps in New Zealand, and Auckland libraries.
Questions: multiple choice, True/False/Not Given.
Passage 2. About employment opportunities and conditions at a company.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. About Leaf-cutter ants.
Questions: filling in blanks, match information to paragraphs.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently travelled with a certain airline and the company asked for your customer feedback. Write a letter to the airline.
In your letter say
– Explain why have chosen this airline
– What you liked or disliked, and why
– What you would recommend to improve their service.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays people usually retire at the age of 60 or 65, but some want to keep working as long as they can. Is this a positive or a negative development? Give you own opinion and relevant examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
Talk about an instance when you were waiting for a special moment. Please say
– What was the moment?
– How did you feel while waiting? Why?
– How were you preparing for that moment?
– Is it good to be a patient person?
– What are the benefits of being patient nowadays?